My mantra for June and July is "slow down...boundaries...just say 'no'...rest!"
Amidst all the fun of the big events of the past month there have also been little moments - the moments where normal life happens. Here are some highlights...
Simple plain old life with these two is always a highlight.
Here are the girls' "too cool" faces.
Here are the girls' "too cool" faces.
One in a dog costume. One with sunscreen all over her lips and tummy.
Yep, you look really "cool" girls.
Thanks to the Coldplay show we got to catch a soccer game and track meet of our favorite CA cousins.
The "enthusiastic" spectator and the very enthusiastic trampoline jumper.
Add a sprinkler underneath the cousins' trampoline and it is even more exciting!
This week we had a great playdate at a little local nursery/farm.
I'm becoming very aware that my one-on-one outings with Abby are numbered and I'm trying my best to get some more in before preschool gets out in June and she becomes the middle child in August.
Sam has been doing soccer for the past 6 weeks or so.
The greatest challenge with soccer is keeping little sister off the field.
Please note in this shot that the "player" on the left is a 2 year old who swiped a jersey and joined the big girls. And you should have seen the pregnant woman have to "run" on the field to pull said 2 year-old out of the game when Sam's team switched back in. It wasn't pretty. Neither was the tantrum that followed.
Last Saturday I returned from a walk with a dear friend and found that THIS is what they had been up to when I was gone (Abby's not in this video, but she had her turn too)...
I am always striving to be OK with Chris doing things his way when he is with the girls. While this particular activity makes me nervous I am so happy for my girls that they have such a FUN and adventurous dad. HOWEVER, I am also glad that parenting is a partnership full of balance, and think it is a really safe good thing for my kids that their mother is a bit more cautious and a little less "fun."
Claire from Modern Family said it best, "When I met your dad I was fun too, but I had to give all that up because you can't have two fun parents. It's a carnival. You know that kid Liam who wears pajama pants to school and pays for things with a hundred-dollar bill? Two fun parents."





