Friday, September 28, 2012

For balls like me that DON'T bounce back very quickly...here's a great article!!

I don't "bounce back" after having babies. I ROLL. Ever sooooo slowly. Ever sooooo gradually. Back.

I get back (more or less) eventually, but historically it has been a time of frustration, impatience, and low self-esteem for me. I had hoped that this time would be different and that I would face this phase of STILL not feeling like myself more positively and with greater perspective than the last two times...but, so far, pessimism is trumping positivity and the road ahead seems long and daunting. I wish I didn't feel this way, but I do.

I'm working on my attitude though. There are some words from a Max Lucado devotional that I aspire to live by. Lucado writes, "I refuse to let what will rot rule the eternal."  These words remind me to try really hard not to spend my precious time and energy worrying about pounds and sizes and this physical body when I can and should be focusing on things that matter, eternal things, namely loving God and loving others.

All that to say reading this article made me feel much better and in much less of a hurry...maybe it will do the same for you, or someone you know. Pass it on.

The article is called, 10 Surprising Facts About "Bouncing Back" After Giving Birth
It was posted on Babble.com and is by Ceridwen Morris, a childbirth educator and author.

Here are the 10 surprising facts. Read the article for more info on each point.
I especially like and relate to #2 and #3 and #10.

1. After giving birth it's normal to look... pregnant.
2. Post-pregnancy weight loss varies tremendously.
3. Not every woman loses weight breastfeeding.
4. This is actually a time to eat more, not less.
5. Hitting the gym right away is not always a good idea.
6. Your core is weaker, but take caution with the crunches.
7. Exercise is great but making it happen can require some creativity on your part.
8. Posture takes a hit, but you can work on that...
9. Women crave foods while breastfeeding just like during pregnancy.
10. You don't have your post-baby body until you're... post-baby.

Again, here is the link to the very interesting an educational FULL ARTICLE .

And on that note, instead of doing crunches I'm going to go have a snack...like I'm supposed to!

new-mom-body-expectations

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...